- Patrons are only able to request items owned by WML at this time.
- Patrons can place a hold via the catalog (minerva.maine.edu) or by calling us at 207-854-0630 between 9 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Patrons will receive a notification when their hold is available. After receiving notification, patrons can come to the library for contactless pickup between 10 am and 2 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Patrons can park in the designated 10 minute parking spot or walk-up. Please call the number on the signs from the parking lot.
- Staff will place the item(s) on a table near the book drop. Patrons can retrieve the items after staff has returned to the building.
- Returns must be made in the book drop.
The library is partnering up with the National Digital Equity Center (NDEC) to offer free digital literacy classes to the residents and businesses of Westbrook for its second year of the Maine Digital Inclusion Initiative.
The Maine Digital Inclusion Initiative is a program of the National Digital Equity Center committed to closing the digital divide in rural Maine. Their staff includes trained Digital Literacy Instructors who will be providing a free overview workshop.
During this workshop, participants will have a chance to hear about NDEC’s new Aging Well with Technology curriculum, which is designed for residents aged 55+, as well as many other computer skill classes. The workshop will be presented by Tyler O’Neil, NDEC Digital Literacy Instructor, who will also include a few important tips for staying safe on the internet.
If you are interested in joining or registering for the class, please contact Enica Davis at 207-854-0630 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also register online at https://walkerlibrary.libcal.com/event/6537719. Please note that the registration is limited to 15 people.
Bucks for Books is an annual $300.00 scholarship sponsored by the Friends of Walker Memorial Library (WML) to help a graduating Westbrook High School student pay for their college textbooks and/or other school supplies. The application deadline is Monday, May 11th.
Scholarship applicants must be a patron or have a family member that is a patron of the library with an account in good standing. Preference will be given to a student who has worked and volunteered at the library or attends the library regularly.
In your letter of application, let the Friends know where you plan to go to college, what your topic of study will be, and share any memories or stories that you have of the library. You may drop off your letter of application at Walker Memorial Library or e-mail it to email@example.com.
Attn: Kerri Frazier
Walker Memorial Library
800 Main Street
Westbrook, ME 04092
To find out more about the Friends of WML, please go to https://walkerfriends.org.
You are invited to the library’s annual Valentine’s Tea Party on Saturday, February 8th from 12pm to 4pm.
There will be food, music, and crafts for everyone to enjoy. The event will be taking place in the beautiful historic wing of the library, and everyone can come in any time between 12pm to 4pm. We hope you can join us!
This event is hosted by the Friends of Walker Memorial Library, a dedicated group supporting and promoting Walker Memorial Library. To find out more about them, please visit https://walkerlibrary.org/friends.