Share our Strength’s Cooking Matters™ is a groundbreaking nutrition-education program that connects families with food by teaching them how to prepare healthy, tasty, low-cost meals. Professional chefs and nutritionists volunteer their time and expertise to lead hands-on courses and tours that instruct adults, teens and kids how to get the most nutrition out of a limited budget. Cooking Matters has reached more than 100,000 individuals across the country since 1993.
- Learn cooking basics and sharpen kitchen skills.
- Learn how to expand food budgets, unit pricing, reading labels, and grocery store tips and tricks.
- Receive groceries after every class to recreate recipes at home.
- Use the skills you’ve learned at the end of the course with a free $10 Hannaford gift card and Cooking Matters Cookbook.
- Using the guidelines of MyPlate, learn how to be creative with recipes while including whole grains, and fruits and vegetables.
This program is a six-week Cooking Matters class (Thursdays, April 18th – May 23rd, 4:00PM – 6:00PM). Registration is required.
If you’re interested, please contact the Reference Desk at 207-854-0630 or firstname.lastname@example.org.