Hospice 101: Everything you wanted to know about hospice but were afraid to ask.
Hospice is specialized type of care for those facing a life-limiting illness, their families and their caregivers.
- Hospice care addresses the patient’s physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs.
- Hospice care also helps the patient’s family caregivers.
- Hospice care takes place in the patient’s home or in a home-like setting, or at the Gosnell Memorial Hospice House.
- Hospice care concentrates on managing a patient’s pain and other symptoms so that the patient may live as comfortable as possible and make the most of the time that remains.
- Hospice care believes the quality of life to be as important as length of life.
Choosing to elect hospice care is an important decision that can greatly benefit the quality of life for a patient with a life-limiting illness in addition to proving support to a patient’s family during a difficult time.
Join Jaye Van Dussen, Community Liaison at Hospice of Southern Maine who will help you better understand how hospice care can benefit you or a loved one.
There will be an open Q&A session after the presentation.
All are welcome and registration is not required.