RULES OF CONDUCT
Welcome to the Walker Memorial Library! We are committed to preserving a safe and welcoming
environment for all visitors to the Library.
Visitors are expected to comply with the following Rules of Conduct while in the building and/or on
Library premises, and may be asked to leave if non-compliant.
Act legally and ethically.
- Improper or illegal behavior in the Library and on the Library grounds is prohibited. Engaging
in such behavior may result in police involvement and possible prosecution.
- Do not harass patrons or staff, or use or display obscene, threatening or abusive language.
- No smoking of any kind is allowed on Library premises.
- Do not use or bring into the Library alcohol or any other intoxicating substances; do not enter
the Library while impaired by the use of alcohol, drugs or other substances.
- No weapons of any type are allowed on Library premises.
Use spaces and resources as they are intended.
- Covered drinks are allowed except near public computers.
- Do not go shoe-less or shirtless.
- Do not damage, deface, steal, or misuse Library property.
- Soliciting is prohibited.
- Sleeping is not allowed.
Be considerate of other Library users.
- Do not talk or use cell phones loud enough to disrupt the quiet use of the Library by others.
- Do not play personal electronic devices or headphones audibly.
- Do not interfere with other Library patrons’ use of the Library due to strong odors, such as
body odor, unwashed clothing, and strong smelling perfumes and colognes.
Do not engage in any conduct which:
- Interferes with the safety of others in the Library or on Library grounds
- Is inconsistent with the purpose of the Library.
- Disrupts the orderly operation of the Library.
- Interferes with the use of the Library by others.
Animals are not allowed in the Library unless required as service animals.
Children under the age of 8 and dependent persons must be attended by a responsible adult.
The Library interior and exterior are under recorded surveillance for your safety and security.
Approved by the Library Board of Regents and Walker Trustees on November 17, 2016