Walker Memorial Library
Meeting Room Policy
Walker Memorial Library has two designated rooms that may be used for either meetings or programs as well as three study rooms designed for small meetings or group study. This policy identifies the guidelines that must be met by individuals or groups in order to use one of the library meeting/study rooms.
What we have to offer:
- Gathering Rooms (seat up to 75)
- Study Room A (seats 5)
- Study Room B (seats 5)
- Study Room C (seats 8)
- Study Room D (seats 8)
Guidelines for room use:
- Use of the Gathering Room or Local History Room requires advance reservations. Reservations are accepted on a first-come first-served basis. Bookings may be made through email, by phone, or in person. The Library Director will determine which room is most appropriate for the requested use.
- There is a $45 suggested donation to use the Gathering Room or Local History Room. For-profit organizations may use our rooms for meetings, but not to promote or sell a product or service to the public.
- There is no fee for non-profit, charitable, educational and governmental organizations to use the Gathering Room or Local History Room.
- Study Rooms A, B, C & D are free and open to the public and are available on a first-come first-served basis. Library patrons will need to sign in at the Adult Services Desk prior to using one of the study rooms and patrons will need to adhere to a three hour time limit when using the study room.
- Fees will be refunded only if a reservation is cancelled within two business days of the event or if the library closes due to severe weather.
- Organizations using the library’s facilities are asked to report any damages to library staff before leaving the premises. Monetary compensation for damages will be sought.
- Wireless access is available throughout the Library and guidelines for use are within the Library’s Computer and Internet Use Policy.
- Rooms are available for use during regular library hours, unless reserved for a library event.
- All rooms must be left in the same condition as they were found at the beginning of their use.
- All Library rules and policies must be observed.
Exceptions regarding fees charged for attendance/participation:
- Exceptions may be made when a fee is collected for charitable use or for Library programming where donations are permitted, or for educational or instructional courses that will benefit the community where minimal fees may be charged to cover cost of course materials.
Exceptions require prior approval by the Library Director or designee.
The Library Board reserves the right to make such changes in this policy as it may deem advisable from time to time and to cancel or withdraw permission for the use of Library facilities when in its discretion such action is advisable.
Approved by the Library Board of Regents and Walker Trustees on May 17, 2018