We are excited to announce that, beginning today, you can place holds on Walker Memorial Library items for curbside pick-up! The guidelines are as follows:
- Patrons are only able to request items owned by WML at this time.
- Patrons can place a hold via the catalog (minerva.maine.edu) or by calling us at 207-854-0630 between 9am and 4pm, Monday through Friday.
- Patrons will receive a notification when their hold is available. After receiving notification, patrons can come to the library for contactless pickup between 10am and 2pm, Monday through Friday.
- Patrons can park in the designated 10 minute parking spot or walk-up. Please call the number on the signs from the parking lot.
- Staff will place the item(s) on a table near the book drop. Patrons can retrieve the items after staff has returned to the building.
- Returns must be made in the book drop.
Van delivery from other libraries is expected to resume in mid-July.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support as we transition to a full re-opening. We hope that you are staying well and keeping safe and we look forward to seeing all of you again!
As always, our online resources remain available to you:
Access databases, eBooks and more 24/7. Visit walkerlibrary.org/digital-resources.
Our Friends at the Maine State Library and Portland Public Library are offering library e-cards for those who would like to access a wide variety of online resources.
DIGITAL MAINE LIBRARY
Offered by the Maine State Library and Maine Infonet, the Digital Maine Library provides online resources that include full-text articles, journals, and eLearning. Visit their website at library.digitalmaine.org.
Walker Memorial Library Staff